A Quality Improvement Plan (QIP) is a commitment to patients, staff and community on improving specific quality issues through focused targets and actions.
As part of the development process of Temiskaming Hospital’s 2019/20 Quality Improvement Plan, we would like to ensure that the voice of our community is embedded within are improvement initiatives. Please review our proposed Quality Improvement Plan and let us know what you think!
Our draft 2019/20 QIP includes a number of priority indicators and improvement ideas that are reflective of the transformational work underway across our organization and focuses on priorities of patient engagement and experience, integration and coordination of services, patient flow/access and to deliver better care at better value.
The following quality improvement goals for 2019-20 are to ensure timely and efficient transitions, service excellence, and safe and effective care by:
- Reducing readmission rates for patients with Mental Health or Addictions conditions.
- Improving access to the right level of care by reducing unnecessary time spent in hospital – Reduce Alternate Level of Care (ALC) days.
- Improving safety by increasing the number of patients receiving medication reconciliation upon discharge.
- Improving timely access to care/services by reducing Emergency Department length of stay for admitted patients (time of decision to admit to in-patient bed).
- Strengthening transitions from hospital to home by ensuring adequate information at discharge.
- Ensuring information about a patients hospital stay is communicated in a timely manner to their primary care provider.\Ensuring patient complaints are acknowledged in a timely manner
- Focusing on early identification of needs for palliative care patients
- Improving workplace safety by reinforcing a culture of awareness, reporting and prevention. (Please note this indicator is mandatory as per the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care)
Please take a look at this year’s Quality Improvement Plan here.
To learn more about Ontario Quality Improvement Plans click here.
Once you have reviewed our draft QIP, we would love to hear your perspective on what quality improvement ideas are important to you! Any feedback or new ideas to strengthen the QIP are encouraged and welcomed! Please submit your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.