As a community partner, Temiskaming Hospital is committed to providing quality education experiences for students in clinical and non-clinical settings.
1.Co-operative (Co-op) Placements:
Co-op placements are open to students who are enrolled in a co-op program through their high school. All co-op placements are organized between local school administration and Temiskaming Hospital.
Placements are possible in many disciplines including, but not limited to: Radiology, Laboratory, Pharmacy, Nursing, Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, Social Work and Speech-Language Pathology, Information Technology, Maintenance, and Health Records.
Process for Nursing Student Placement from a recognized University or College:
- All placements for students are coordinated by the academic placement coordinator at their respective University or College.
- An affiliation agreement will be established with the requesting school and Temiskaming Hospital.
- Required Documentation prior to beginning placement:
- Criminal Record Check
- Up-to-date immunization record
- Proof of BCLS
- Up-to-date mask fit testing record
Requests will be considered for learning opportunities in non-clinical areas. For more information or to request a placement, please contact our Human Resources Department.
4.Summer Student Opportunities:
Temiskaming Hospital will hire summer student opportunities as they become available. To be eligible for these opportunities applicants must be enrolled full time in a post secondary program.
If you are interested in learning more about the student opportunities available at Temiskaming Hospital, please contact our Human Resources Department.