Temiskaming Hospital is a 59-bed fully accredited community hospital located in Temiskaming Shores, ON. We are currently accepting resumes for a Quality, Patient Safety Coordinator; Clinical Nurse Educator in a temporary full-time capacity.
Reporting to the Chief Nursing Executive and Vice President of Patient Services, the primary roles and responsibilities of the Quality, Patient Safety Coordinator; Clinical Nurse Educator include:
- Directs, leads/coordinates and supports quality improvement, patient experience and patient safety initiatives within the organization
- Supports the organizations strategic plan to advance corporate quality improvement initiatives
- Identifies and implements relevant quality and patient safety related initiatives and training needs
- Oversees the organization’s patient safety incident reporting program, providing support to staff and management in the review process, analyzing patient safety related trends and developing mitigation strategies.
- Completes quality chart audits / reviews that align with quality initiatives
- Prepares and delivers quality improvement/patient safety reports as required
- Responsible for the provision of competency based clinical education and professional practice development
- Plans, implements and evaluates specific education programs and evidence-based practice to meet identified nursing needs, functioning as a clinical resource
- Provides leadership and support for orientation and skills development /certification for clinical staff
- Assists with policy and procedure development and revisions when standards of care change in order to facilitate evidence based practice
- Collaborates with Leadership regarding learning needs of unit staff, supporting skills assessment, development plans and training
- Supports the acceptance of clinical placement students, liaising with Human Resources
- Prepares and facilitates support and education for roll out of electronic medical record (EMR) system, Meditech Expanse
- Registered Nurse – BScN; Registered and in good standing with the College Nurses of Ontario
- Minimum of five years recent, relevant clinical experience required
- Experience leading and/or managing quality improvements in a healthcare environment
- Certification in Quality Improvement/Process optimization (Lean) and Project Management or related courses
- Experience with Quality Improvement Tools (e.g. Process mapping/flow, FMEA, Lean processes, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative environment, building relationships and providing leadership/mentorship
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong project, presentation and teaching skills
- Proficiency in both official languages (English and French) will be considered an asset
Temiskaming Hospital offers:
- Competitive compensation package
- Salary Range: $44.621 - $53.153 / hour
- Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan
- Benefit Plan
- On-site Fitness Center
- Employee Assistance Program
Please apply with a detailed resume and cover letter to:
Human Resources Department
421 Shepherdson Rd.
New Liskeard, ON P0J 1P0
Temiskaming Hospital thanks all applicants,
however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process provided the applicant has met bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.