Temiskaming Hospital is a 59-bed fully accredited community hospital located in Temiskaming Shores, Ontario. We are currently accepting resumes for a permanent full time Maintenance Person 2. You will be responsible for the mechanical condition of machinery and equipment, supplying heat, power, air exchange and other services; mechanical efficiency of the steam plant and auxiliary equipment; appearance of grounds, including waste removal and line/curb painting, care of lawns, trees, shrubbery and flower beds, maintaining walkways and helipad over the winter with respect to snow removal, salting and sanding.
What can Temiskaming Hospital offer you?
- A competitive compensation package: $28.872 to $29.467 per hour
- Health and Dental benefits and enrollment in the Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP)
- A commitment to a diverse, supportive and equitable workplace
- A commitment to a culture of safety and of mutual respect that is free from discrimination and harassment
- On site staff Fitness Centre and on site Daycare
- Confidential Employee Assistance Program (EAP) through TELUS Health
- Trade or vocation school graduate with courses in blueprint reading, mechanical drawing, electrical and plumbing
- Ability to maintain and support the operations of boiler and HVAC systems
- Ability to read and interpret shop drawings
- Previous experience in operation of a computerized building automated system
- Ability to do general architectural and hardware repairs
- Must have an excellent work record, including attendance
- Must demonstrate commitment to ensure your safety, the safety of fellow workers, patients, volunteers, and visitors
- Must support and contribute to a culture of safety and prevention of adverse health events in this organization
- At least two (2) years’ experience in industrial or commercial operations and maintenance
- Previous work experience in a hospital or similar setting with minimum 150,000 square feet
- Consideration will be given to certified Millwrights, Plumbers, Electricians and certified HVAC technicians
- For more information on our hospital visit: temiskaming-hospital.com
- For more information on the city of Temiskaming Shores visit: https://www.temiskamingshores.ca
Please apply with a detailed resume and cover letter to:
Human Resources Department
421 Shepherdson Road, New Liskeard, ON P0J 1P0
Temiskaming Hospital thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process provided the applicant has met bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.