Temiskaming Hospital is a 59-bed fully accredited community hospital located in Temiskaming Shores, ON. We are currently accepting resumes for a temporary part-time Cook / Porter to join our team.
Reporting to the Nutrition & Food Services Manager, the Cook / Porter is responsible for planning meals in consultation with the Dietitian and Manager, utilizing leftovers, estimating quantities of food needed to meet menu requirements, preparing attractive palatable and nutritious food, estimating cooking time required, maintaining efficient operation of the kitchen, handling food in accordance with sanitary regulations, ensuring that menus and nourishments are accurate for all patients, performing in rotation all duties related to portering and dishwashing including ensuring the correct operation and cleaning of the dishwashing machine, cleanliness of the dish room, store room, janitor closet and floors, sanitary condition of tableware, receiving tableware and trays from patient’s rooms.
· Safe Food Handler’s Certificate or equivalent
· Secondary School Graduate and Graduate of a Food Service Worker (6 modules) program or equivalent education; and at least 2 years cooking in a hospital or Nursing Home, or 3 years in cooking in a non-healthcare institution, or 5 years cooking in a full service restaurant
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; ability to read, write, speak and follow oral and written instructions in English
· Must have an excellent work record including attendance
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team
· Ability to perform the physical demands of the position required
· Excellent initiative, effective time management skills and attention to detail required
· Must demonstrate a commitment to ensure your safety, the safety of fellow workers, patients, volunteers, visitors
· Journeyman Cook qualification
· Ability to speak fluently in French and understand spoken French
What Can Temiskaming Hospital Offer You:
· A competitive compensation package: $25.324 - $25.985 as a cook $24.214 - $24.879 as a porter
· Enrollment in the HOOPP Pension Plan
· 24-hour on site staff Fitness Center and on-site Daycare with extended hours
· A commitment to a diverse, supportive and equitable workplace
· A commitment to a culture of safety and of mutual respect that is free from discrimination and harassment
If you are interested in exploring this opportunity in confidence, please respond with a detailed resume and cover letter by November 24, 2023 to:
Human Resources Department Temiskaming Hospital 421 Shepherdson Rd. New Liskeard, ON P0J 1P0 Email: email@example.com
Temiskaming Hospital thanks all applicants,
however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process provided the applicant has met bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.