Temiskaming Hospital is a 59-bed fully accredited community hospital located in Temiskaming Shores, ON. We are currently accepting resumes for part-time Security Guards.
Ensure the safety, security and welfare of the Temiskaming Hospital team, stakeholders and public. Safeguard the Temiskaming Hospital by being a uniformed, highly visible, and highly trained presence.
WHAT CAN TEMISKAMING HOSPITAL OFFER YOU?
- A competitive compensation package
- Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan and Benefit plan
- 24-hour on-site fitness center
- Commitment to a culture of safety and of mutual respect that is free from discrimination and harassment
- Employee Assistance Program through Telus
- Will provide special equipment and training as required
- Maintain a high level of customer-centered service that reflects the established training standard.
- Adhere to established standards of work, established policies & procedures, and post orders.
- Act as a First Responder and work collaboratively with the OPP, Temiskaming Shores Fire Departments and EMS in non-clinical emergency code or other related emergency events.
- Conduct complete tours and patrol areas of the hospital’s property and facility, to demonstrate presence to staff, visitors and patients.
- Respond to all requests for security support including in-patient care areas, public spaces and on property.
- Observe patients, visitors and staff for escalating behavior and intervene collaboratively with clinical staff.
- Intervene immediately to safeguard the well-being of any person.
- May be required to assist with any patient, visitor or staff injuries occurring on property (i.e. walkways, entrances, parking lots, etc.), as per Temiskaming Hospital policies and procedures.
- Liaise with the City of Temiskaming Shores By-Law Enforcement rules and regulations.
- Tobacco enforcement.
- Assist clinical staff with patient management as requested (i.e. observation, arranging separate patient watch, visitor management and enforcement, calling police, non-emergent transport, etc.).
- Complete security reports, daily operations reports, logs and other duties or services provided by Security Services.
- Participate in education and training specific to but not limited to current, relevant federal and provincial health and safety legislation, standards and guidelines.
- Perform searches of persons and or property.
- Be able to lift 25 to 225+ pounds.
- Maintain high level of confidentiality with regards to patient and family privacy (PHIPA, FHIPA).
- Perform other duties as required.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
- Minimum of a two (2) year diploma in Law and Security, Police Foundations, Corrections, Community Justice or Protection or Security and Investigation
- Current Ontario Security License (Ministry of Community and Correctional Services Certification for Security Guard as regulated by the PSISA (Private Security & Investigative Services Act) is preferred.
- Valid First Aid and CPR level C is required.
- Minimum of one (1) year\ experience working as a Security Guard.
- Experience in health care setting is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated excellent computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office software (e.g. Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook).
- Demonstrated superior interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated effective time management and organizational skills with the ability to organize and prioritize as required.
- Demonstrated commitment to the safety of co-workers and patients.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the Ontario Mental Health Act (MHA) and relevant forms.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the Private Security and Investigative Services Act Code of Conduct.
- Demonstrated discretion and maturity when handling confidential information.
- Working knowledge of the T.P.A., Municipal Act, Criminal Code, POA and OHSA.
- Successful criminal reference check is required for the Vulnerable Sector (VSC).
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development.
- Demonstrated professionalism in dealing with confidential and sensitive issues.
- Demonstrated positive work record and excellent attendance record.
- Ability to meet the physical and sensory demands of the job.
- May be required to travel to other required hospitals, health care settings and other locations.
- Ability to use tact and discretion in dealing with health care providers and patients.
- Proven ability to work independently and perform with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and lead in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize duties.
- Valid Class G Driver’s Licence.
- Private Investigators Licence as regulated by PSISA
- Health and Safety
- Mental Health Training Background
- Understanding of a Hospital setting
Please visit www.temiskaming-hospital.com for more information on our hospital
Please apply to:
421 Shepherdson Rd.
New Liskeard, ON P0J 1P0
Temiskaming Hospital thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process provided the applicant has met bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.