Coordinator, Safety, Emergency Preparedness, Risk Management
and Security Services
Temiskaming Hospital is a 59-bed fully accredited community hospital located in Temiskaming Shores, ON. Reporting to the Manager, Facilities, we are currently accepting resumes for a Full-time Coordinator, Safety, Emergency Preparedness, Risk Management and Security Services.
- Administration and coordination of the Hospital’s Risk Management, Health & Safety and Emergency Preparedness activities
- Ensure effective planning and preparedness to identify various levels of risk and coordinate response and recovery to emergencies while promoting patient safety throughout the organization
- Act as a change agent working closely with all levels of management, staff and external stakeholders to identify and mitigate risk
- Assist with the Emergency Preparedness priority process for Accreditation including conducting regular safety drills as per the Emergency Preparedness Plan and policies
- Provide functional health and safety knowledge with regards to regulatory requirements including safety, industrial hygiene, environmental, behavior-based safety, training, regulatory agency enforcement
- Ensure compliance with the Accessibility of Ontarians Disability Act (AODA)
- Provide oversight and guidance to the Hospital’s security services
- Participates on various committees ie Joint Health and Safety Committee, Emergency Preparedness Committee
- Degree or Diploma in Business Administration, Emergency Management and/or a related discipline
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in Health & Safety and / Risk Management or Emergency Preparedness experience preferably in a health care environment is preferred
- Working knowledge of the Incident Management System (IMS) for emergency preparedness.
- Sound knowledge of Emergency response codes in a hospital setting
- Excellent planning, analytical and organizational skills are required to meet deadlines and manage tasks accordingly.
- Evidence of effective organizational, leadership, judgment, critical thinking and decision-making skills is required
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with others while promoting collaboration and inclusivity is essential
- Ability to act as coach and mentor staff is essential in order to facilitate change
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Project management experience and demonstrated ability to promote and manage change
Training in Occupational Health and Safety or completion of a Professional Health & Safety certification is an asset
- Ability to speak fluently in French and understand spoken French is an asset
Please visit www.temiskaming-hospital.com for more information on our hospital
Please apply to:
Temiskaming Hospital thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process provided the applicant has met bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.