Bilingual Ward Clerk – Part Time
1 Temporary Part-Time
Temiskaming Hospital is a 59-bed fully accredited community hospital located in Temiskaming Shores, ON. We are currently accepting resumes for 1 permanent part-time Ward Clerk to join our team.
The Ward Clerk is responsible to maintain good public relations, interpreting established policies to visitors, participate in cooperative planning with other Unit Personnel to provide optimal support services, maintaining adequate supply of forms/stationery and performing other clerical tasks.
- Secondary School Graduate
- Possess effective communications skills, both written and verbal in English and French
- Possess a working knowledge of medical terminology, basic numeracy, word processing and different computer programs
- Communication Workshops and / or Medical Terminology courses
- Possess excellent customer relation experience
- Past work experience in a Doctor’s office or Hospital clinical setting
- Oral proficiency in French at an advanced or superior level required
- Must have an excellent work record including attendance
- Must demonstrate a commitment to ensure your safety, the safety of fellow workers, patients, volunteers and visitors
- Must support and contribute to a culture of safety and prevention of adverse health events in the organization
- Conflict Management Course
What Can Temiskaming Hospital Offer You?
- A competitive compensation package $25.111 to $25.77 per hour
- Potential for permanent opportunities and future full time opportunities
- Enrollment in the HOOPP Pension Plan
- Additional compensation as per the CUPE Collective Agreement (ie: 4% Vacation pay, 14% pay in lieu of benefits)
- 24-hour on site staff Fitness Center and Daycare
- A commitment to a diverse, supportive and equitable workplace; a commitment to a culture of safety and of mutual respect that is free from discrimination and harassment
Please apply with a detailed resume and cover letter to:
Human Resources Department
421 Shepherson Road, New Liskeard, ON P0J 1P0
This position will remain posted until it is filled.
Cette publication est disponible en Français sur demande.
Temiskaming Hospital thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process provided the applicant has met bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.