Temiskaming Hospital is a 59-bed community hospital located in Temiskaming Shores, Ontario. The Pharmacy department supports a full range of services including general medicine, surgery, obstetrics/Level1B nursery, pediatrics, critical care, emergency department, outpatient oncology, ambulatory care, and complex continuing care. We are seeking a motivated Clinical Pharmacist to join our team.
Principal responsibilities include:
- Therapeutic order review, clarification, modification, and verification
- Collaborate with health care team to optimize pharmacotherapy and reduce adverse drug events
- Medication reconciliation and patient education on admission, transfer, and discharge
- Participate in our multidisciplinary team, including attending patient care rounds
- Respond to drug information questions
- Liaise between pharmacy operations and patient care areas
- Registered as a Part A Pharmacist with the Ontario College of Pharmacists
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
The following will be considered assets:
- Hospital residency and/or two (2) years hospital pharmacy practice experience
- Specialized training and certification (e.g.geriatrics, antimicrobial stewardship, etc.)
- Proficiency with Meditech software
Temiskaming Hospital offers:
- $10,000 sign-on bonus for 5 years return of service
- Competitive compensation package
- Salary Range: $46.80 to $62.62/hour (as per the OPSEU Collective Agreement)
- Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP)
- Opportunities for continued education and specialized training
- 24-hour on site fitness facility, Employee Assistance Program
- Commitment to a culture of safety, mutual respect and diversity that is free of discrimination and harassment
Please visit www.temiskaming-hospital.com for more information on our Hospital.
Please visit www.temiskamingshores.ca for more information on the community of Temiskaming Shores.
If you are interested in this position, please apply with a detailed resume and cover letter to:
Human Resources Department,
421 Shepherdson Rd., New Liskeard, ON P0J 1P0
Temiskaming Hospital thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process provided the applicant has met bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.