Clinical Pharmacist (FT - 1.0 FTE)
Temiskaming Hospital is a 59-bed community hospital located in Temiskaming Shores, Ontario. The Pharmacy department supports a full range of services including general medicine, surgery, obstetrics/Level1B nursery, pediatrics, critical care, emergency department, outpatient oncology, ambulatory care, and complex continuing care. We are seeking a motivated Clinical Pharmacist to join our team.
Principal responsibilities include:
- Therapeutic order review, clarification, modification, and verification
- Collaborate with health care team to optimize pharmacotherapy and reduce adverse drug events
- Medication reconciliation and patient education on admission, transfer, and discharge
- Participate in our multidisciplinary team, including attending patient care rounds
- Respond to drug information questions
- Liaise between pharmacy operations and patient care areas
- Registered as a Part A Pharmacist with the Ontario College of Pharmacists
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
The following will be considered assets:
- Hospital residency and/or two (2) years hospital pharmacy practice experience
- Specialized training and certification (e.g.geriatrics, antimicrobial stewardship, etc.)
- Proficiency with Meditech software
- Bilingualism (French/English)
Temiskaming Hospital offers:
- Competitive compensation package
- Salary Range: $43.60 to $57.34/hour (as per the OPSEU Collective Agreement)
- Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP)
- Opportunities for continued education and specialized training
- 24-hour on site fitness facility, employee wellness services
- Commitment to a culture of safety, mutual respect and diversity that is free of discrimination and harassment
Please visit www.temiskaming-hospital.com for more information on our Hospital.
Please visit www.temiskamingshores.ca for more information on the community of Temiskaming Shores.
Deadline to apply is December 23, 2022. Late applications will be accepted until the position has been filled.
Please apply to: