Pandemic Support Worker – TEMPORARY PART TIME
The Pandemic Support Worker will provide operational support to the Hospital during the declared COVID-19 pandemic. The Pandemic Support Workers are often the front-line of responding to inquiries as staff, visitors and patients who enter the Hospital. The Pandemic Support Worker must use good judgement and respond appropriately during pandemic and crisis situations.
The Pandemic Support Worker positions involve a very high degree of interaction with patients and staff and the general public. This position involves considerable professionalism, judgement and sensitivity as patients, families, staff and community professionals may be difficult to interact with due to the stressful times we are experiencing.
- • Screening patients & visitors at the hospital’s main entrance
- • Providing wayfinding and other information to visitors and patients
- • Portering patients and directing traffic within the hospital
- • Infection prevention and control practices and use of Personal Protective Equipment
- • Ensuring a high degree of professionalism at all times especially when communicating with patients, community members and staff on a daily basis
- • Complies with evidence-based practices and standards (including communication and teamwork, infection prevention and safe use of equipment and facilities)
- • Other duties as assigned: this may involve performing any basic functions required to support the hospital during the pandemic.
- • Must be available to work shift work (days, evenings and weekends)
- • Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact well with the community.
- • Excellent communication and relationship building skills.
- • Ability to adapt to continually changing priorities.
- • Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple demands at a time.
- • Demonstrated ability to work independently and use good judgement, and as a team member.
- • Ensure adherence to Temiskaming Hospital values
Please visit www.temiskaming-hospital.com for more information on our hospital
Please apply to:
Human Resources Department
421 Shepherdson Rd.
New Liskeard, ON P0J 1P0