Temiskaming Hospital is recruiting for a professional, creative and energetic Recreation/Restorative Care Therapist to join its Allied Health Care team. Reporting to the Manager of Medical/Surgical and Transitional Care Department; Allied Health, the successful candidate will assist in the delivery of goal-oriented programs and services to meet the functional, leisure and recreation needs of patients.
Recreation/Restorative Care Therapy services utilizes functional intervention, education and recreation participation to improve functional ability, to provide recreation and leisure opportunities that are designed to foster independent functioning within the physical, cognitive, social and emotional domains.
What can Temiskaming Hospital offer you?
- Relocation reimbursement of up to $3,000 for eligible hires
- A competitive compensation package and opportunity for future advancement
- Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan
- On-site fitness center, employee wellness services
- Commitment to a culture of safety, mutual respect and diversity that is free from discrimination and harassment
- Developing, designing, implementing and evaluating individualized and group therapeutic recreational/life skills programs and special events:
- individualized and group therapeutic recreation programs as well as providing functional and strength based social skill programs, which support and encourage the treatment, rehabilitation and recovery programming for a geriatric population
- Supporting and encouraging the development of functional and acceptable social skills for patients designated Alternate Level of Care and Rehabilitation/Restorative Care Program;
- Providing consultation services with Health professionals when requested;
- Knowledgeable of the Geriatric population and contributes to the patient’s Plan of Care working as an integral part of the interdisciplinary team;
- Recording patient assessment, progress and discharge status, in accordance with department and hospital policy;
- Interdisciplinary collaboration with other Allied Health team members and health care professionals to coordinate patient care intervention with recreation/restorative care therapy activities;
- Participate in the quality assurance activities by providing input to the development, implementation, and evaluation of written procedures and standards, development of assessment forms and patient materials;
- Providing supervision and support to a group volunteers who assist in patients with various social activities, as determined;
- Developing linkages with community agencies so that patients become more aware of recreational/restorative care supports once discharged;
- Supervision of Recreation Therapy students during internship or school student placements respectively.
- Baccalaureate in Therapeutic Recreation or equivalent from a recognized program (i.e. Recreation & Leisure Studies with Therapeutic Recreation focus or University Degree in Human Sciences with a Post Graduate Diploma in Therapeutic Recreation)
- Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist (CTRS) with the National Council for Therapeutic Recreation Certification (NCTRC)
- Minimum of 1-2 years of related experience
- Demonstrated skills in the areas of recreation program planning and leadership
- Skills in therapeutic recreation/restorative care assessment and coordination of goal-oriented recreation activities
- Experience working with an older adult and alternative level of care (ALC) patient population is an asset
- Knowledge of the network of Community services and agencies serving patients in the community
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required in order to facilitate effective communication with patients, team members and volunteers
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work
- Demonstrated initiative and leadership skills
- Demonstrated cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Ability to maintain regular attendance and perform physical demands of the position
Please visit www.temiskaming-hospital.com for more information on our hospital
Please visit http://www.temiskamingshores.ca/en/index.asp for more information on the community of Temiskaming Shores
Please apply to: Human Resources Department
421 Shepherdson Rd., New Liskeard, ON P0J 1P0
Cette publication est disponible en Français sur demande
Temiskaming Hospital thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process provided the applicant has met bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.