Temiskaming Hospital is a 59-bed fully accredited community hospital located in Temiskaming Shores, ON. We are currently accepting resumes for one (1) Permanent Full-Time Registered Nurse in our Obstetrics and Medical-Surgical Departments.
What can Temiskaming Hospital offer you?
- Relocation reimbursement of up to $3,000 for eligible hires
- A competitive compensation package and opportunity for future advancement
- Tuition reimbursement available through the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care Northern Health Tuition Support Program. For more information on this program visit: http://health.gov.on.ca/en/pro/programs/northernhealth/nursestuition.aspx
- Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan
- On-site 24-hour fitness center
- Employee wellness services
- Commitment to a culture of safety, mutual respect and diversity that is free from discrimination and harassment
- Graduate from an approved School of Nursing Program
- Currently registered and in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Current certification in B.C.L.S. (Heart and Stroke)
- Recent (minimum 1 year) experience in nursing on a medical and/or surgical unit with demonstrated ability in clinical assessment and management of patients with medically complex conditions
- Recent clinical experience in Labour & Delivery, preferred
- Demonstrated skill and knowledge of IV Therapy
- Demonstrated application of problem-solving, decision-making, and critical thinking skills to patient care
- Must have an excellent work record, including attendance
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal and communications skills with the ability to communicate effectively with patients, Professional Staff and other health care professionals
- Must support and contribute to a culture of safety and prevention of adverse health events in this organization
- Current certification in Fetal Health Surveillance in Labour
- Current certification in Neonatal Resuscitation Program
- Certification for Level 1 & 2 Breastfeeding
- Perinatal Registered Nursing experience including:
- Recent Labour and Delivery experience including antenatal and intrapartum care
- Recent Post-Partum experience with demonstrated ability in caring for the mother/baby
- Demonstrated neonatal and maternal assessment skills
- Recent experience in neonatal resuscitation and care of the newborn
- Demonstrated breastfeeding knowledge, teaching and leadership skills
Please visit www.temiskaming-hospital.com for more information on our hospital
Please visit http://www.temiskamingshores.ca/en/index.asp for more information on the community of Temiskaming Shores
Please apply to: Human Resources Department
421 Shepherdson Rd.
New Liskeard, ON P0J 1P0
Temiskaming Hospital thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process provided the applicant has met bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.