Temiskaming Hospital is currently accepting resumes for a motivated Permanent Part-Time Pharmacy Technician to join our progressive healthcare team. The Pharmacy department supports the healthcare team in a full range of services including medicine, surgery, obstetrics / Level 1B nursery, pediatrics, satellite chemotherapy, ambulatory care, complex continuing care and ER / critical care programs.
Principal Responsibilities Include:
- Performing a variety of technical functions related to inpatient medication management:
- Preparation of medication, including unit-dose packaging
- Maintenance of ward stock and ADC inventory
- Monitoring usage and management of Narcotic distribution
- Dispense and distribute medications, e.g. weekly cart fills
- Audit work performed by other Pharmacy Technicians
- Preparation of IV admixtures, Total Parental Nutrient Admixtures, and other sterile / non-sterile compounding
- Completion of a CCAPP accredited Pharmacy Technician Program
- Registered and in good standing with OCP
- Experience in a Hospital Pharmacy
- Proficiency with Meditech software
- Bilingualism (French / English)
What Can Temiskaming Hospital Offer You?
- A competitive compensation package $28.94 to $33.37 per hour plus 6% vacation pay and 12%-14% pay in lieu of benefits
- Opportunities for continued education and specialized training
- Relocation allowance of up to $3000 as per Hospital Policy
- Enrollment in the HOOPP Pension Plan
- On-site 24-7 staff Fitness Center
- On-site Daycare with extended hours
- A commitment to a diverse, supportive and equitable workplace
- A commitment to a culture of safety and of mutual respect that is free from discrimination and harassment
- For more information on our hospital visit: www.temiskaming-hospital.com
- For more information on the city of Temiskaming Shores visit: https://www.temiskamingshores.ca/en/index.aspx
Please apply with a detailed resume and cover letter to:
Human Resources Department, Temiskaming Hospital
421 Shepherson Road, New Liskeard, ON P0J 1P0
This position will remain posted until it is filled.
Cette publication est disponible en Français sur demande.
Temiskaming Hospital thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process provided the applicant has met bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.