Temiskaming Hospital is a 59-bed fully accredited community hospital located in Temiskaming Shores, ON. We are currently accepting resumes for three (3) full-time Registered Nurse vacancies in our Emergency and Special Care Unit departments.
What can Temiskaming Hospital offer you?
- Relocation reimbursement of up to $3,000 for new hires
- Tuition reimbursement - available through the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care Northern Health Tuition Support Program. For more information on this program visit: http://health.gov.on.ca/en/pro/programs/northernhealth/nursestuition.aspx
- A competitive compensation package and opportunity for future advancement
- Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP)
- On-site fitness center; employee wellness services
- Commitment to a culture of safety, mutual respect and diversity that is free from discrimination and harassment
- Graduate of an approved School of Nursing Program.
- Currently registered and in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Minimum 2 years’ critical care nursing experience (i.e. Emergency Department; Critical Care Unit/Intensive Care Unit) preferred.
- Preference will be given to applicants who have critical care registered nurse experience.
- Current certification in B.C.L.S (Heart and Stroke).
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) – preferred.
- Ability to work independently in the care of complex and/or critically ill patients.
- Demonstrated application of problem-solving, decision-making, and critical thinking skills to patient care.
- Demonstrated skill and knowledge of I.V. Therapy.
- Must have an excellent work record, including attendance.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with patients, Professional Staff and other health care professionals.
- Must support and contribute to a culture of safety and prevention of adverse health events in this organization.
- Additional Courses: ECG Interpretation (1&2); Canadian Triage Acuity Scale (CTAS); Trauma Nursing Core Curriculum (TNCC); Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS); Neonatal Resuscitation Provider (NRP); Non-Violent Crisis Intervention; Certification from a recognized Critical Care course (CNCCc) and/or a recognized Emergency Department course.
- Ability to speak fluently in French and understand spoken French.
Please visit www.temiskaming-hospital.com for more information on our hospital
Please visit http://www.temiskamingshores.ca/en/index.asp for more information on the community of Temiskaming Shores
Please apply to: Temiskaming Hospital c/o Human Resources Department
421 Shepherdson Rd.
New Liskeard, ON P0J 1P0
Temiskaming Hospital thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process provided the applicant has met bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.