(Position is a 2-year term contract position with the possibility of becoming a full-time position)
Temiskaming Hospital is embarking upon a new and exciting transformational journey with the introduction of a fully integrated Health Information System (Meditech Expanse). This initiative will become the foundation for patient/client information and clinical documentation via the Electronic Health Record (EHR) which will play a significant foundational role for an improved patient care.
We are looking for a Clinical Informatics Specialist to join the team to lead, promote and sustain various technologies and clinical change initiatives that automate and/or enhance evidence-based clinical practices and access to patient information and clinical documentation.
The Clinical Informatics Specialist will oversee end-user training, troubleshooting, support and maintenance of our Meditech Expanse System. He/she will have a focus on physician and clinical systems, MEDITECH Web Acute/Web ED, PCS, EDM and SUR modules. This position will work closely with other applications and technical support personnel within the Information Systems Department and use a host of tools including: performance measurement, documentation, process mapping, and auditing. The successful candidate will be responsible to a large group of interdisciplinary end users including physicians, nurses, allied and clerical staff. He/she will ensure continuity of best practice throughout the systems.
- RN or RPN in good standing with the C.N.O.
- Recent experience working in a hospital environment including expertise within a defined clinical department
- Experience in hospital computer systems concepts, tables and dictionaries in relation to hospital operations
- Ability to be flexible and function in a dynamic environment subject to changes in schedules and priorities. Strong initiative establishing personal goals and taking responsibility for meeting defined timelines.
- Bilingualism (English/French) is an asset
- The ideal candidate will be an organized, highly flexible individual who can perform with minimal supervision, has superior verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills with an ability to deal with confidential and sensitive issues in a professional manner. The applicant must have excellent time management skills, the ability to be versatile and adjust quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- Three (3) to five (5) years’ experience in a health care environment, including experience using related computer technology, clinical change management, and/or project leadership
- Experience with application troubleshooting and support, implementation, training. Release testing is an asset.
Knowledge/Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to lead, plan, and problem-solve multiple projects and initiatives.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Meditech, including knowledge supporting clinical and patient centered applications.
- Demonstrated knowledge of new trends in clinical practice, information systems, privacy legislation, project management practices, methodologies and principles.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, presentation, oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software (e.g. Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook) and patient information systems.
What can Temiskaming Hospital offer you?
- A competitive compensation package including enrollment in the Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan.
- A commitment to a diverse, supportive and equitable workplace.
- A commitment to a culture of safety and of mutual respect that is free from discrimination and harassment.
- On site staff Fitness Centre and Daycare.
Please apply with a detailed resume and cover letter by June 24, 2021 to:
Human Resources Department
421 Shepherdson Rd.
New Liskeard, ON P0J 1P0
This position will remain posted until it is filled.
Cette publication est disponible en Français sur demande.
Temiskaming Hospital thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process provided the applicant has met bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.