Temiskaming Hospital is currently accepting resumes for a motivated Part- Time Pharmacy Technician to join our progressive healthcare team. The Pharmacy department supports the healthcare team in a full range of services including medicine, surgery, obstetrics / Level 1B nursery, pediatrics, satellite chemotherapy, ambulatory care, complex continuing care and ER / critical care programs.
Principal Responsibilities Include:
- Performing a variety of technical functions related to inpatient medication management:
- Preparation of medication, including unit-dose packaging
- Maintenance of ward stock and ADC inventory
- Monitoring usage and management of Narcotic distribution
- Dispense and distribute medications, e.g. weekly cart fills
- Audit work performed by other Pharmacy Technicians
- Preparation of IV admixtures, Total Parental Nutrient Admixtures, and other sterile / non-sterile compounding
- Completion of a CCAPP accredited Pharmacy Technician Program
- Registered and in good standing with OCP
- Experience in a Hospital Pharmacy
- Proficiency with Meditech software
- Bilingualism (French / English)
What Can Temiskaming Hospital Offer You:
- A competitive compensation package
- $28.44 to $32.79 per hour
- Opportunities for continued education and specialized training
- A commitment to a culture of safety and mutual respect, free from discrimination and harassment
Visit www.temiskaming-hospital.com for more information on our Hospital.
Please apply with a detailed resume and cover letter to:
Human Resources Department
421 Shepherson Road, New Liskeard, ON P0J 1P0
Cette publication est disponible en Français sur demande.
Temiskaming Hospital thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process provided the applicant has met bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.