Temiskaming Hospital is a 59-bed fully accredited community hospital located in Temiskaming Shores, ON. We are currently accepting resumes for a temporary full-time Occupational Therapist to join our team.
- Graduate of an accredited occupational therapy program and must be registered with the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario
- Oral proficiency in French at an advanced or superior level required.
- Certification in CPR (Basic Life Support-C)
- The ability to communicate effectively and respectively with patients, Professional Staff and other health care professionals
- Thorough knowledge of and proficiency in current OT assessment and intervention
- Knowledge of recovery, and demonstrated values consisted with a recovery-orientated approach
- Ability to teach/coach using adult learning and strength-based models
- Ability to work independently and in collaboration with others.
- Ability to operate related equipment including relevant software applications.
- Must support and contribute to a culture of safety and prevention of adverse health events in this organization of fellow workers, patients, volunteers and visitors
- Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination
Duties and responsibilities:
- Assesses and/or investigates all referrals received from assigned area. Completes patient assessment using appropriate formats and terminology according to departmental standards
- Plan, organize and establish patient care priorities based upon identified needs by the organization, the program, and/or the service team
- Provide assessment, consultation and treatment of referred patients and utilize evidence-based practice and best practice guidelines in the occupational therapy plan of care
- Provide direction and supervision to the occupational therapy assistant participating in the occupational therapy plan of care
- Interact with other health care professionals, family, and significant others involved in the patient’s care and ensures the most functional and beneficial patient program plan is devised and implemented.
- Ensures facilities and required materials are available and prepared for treatment time. Monitors patient programs to ensure a safe working environment is maintained and that program changes are initiated as required.
- Ensures departmental manual updates, audits, statistical information tabulation and departmental procedures are maintained to ensure the department meets its accreditation standards.
- Completes all relevant documentation according to departmental standards. Assures confidentiality of patient information in all interactions and documentation and, follows the Public Hospitals Act regarding maintenance and flow of legal documents.
Temiskaming Hospital offers:
- Competitive compensation package
- Salary Range: $39.19 to $54.66/hour (as per the OPSEU Collective Agreement)
- Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP)
- Opportunities for continued education and specialized training
- 24-hour on site fitness facility,
- Employee Assistance Program
- Commitment to a culture of safety, mutual respect and diversity that is free of discrimination and harassment
If you are interested in exploring this opportunity in confidence, please respond with a detailed resume and cover letter to:
Human Resources Department
421 Shepherdson Rd.
New Liskeard, ON P0J 1P0
Temiskaming Hospital thanks all applicants,
however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process provided the applicant has met bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.