Our staff continues to take all necessary precautions to help manage the spread of infection including rigorous infection control precautions, environmental and equipment cleaning protocols and hand hygiene practices.
Patients, family members and other visitors at Temiskaming Hospital can help minimize the spread of infection by following these guidelines:
- Individuals with cold, flu or gastro-like symptoms (cough, fever, chills, fatigue, headaches, sneezing, runny nose, nausea, vomiting and diarrhea) or have been in contact with someone who has, are not to visit any patients at the
- All visitors who have experienced illness that includes these symptoms should delay their visit to the hospital until they have been well for at least 48 hrs.
- Hand washing is the best way to prevent the spread of germs. Hand hygiene is strongly encouraged before, during and after a visit to the Hospital and before entering and upon exiting a patient’s room.
- Alcohol hand wash is readily available and should be used before and after contacting patients and their environment.
- Follow all infection control precautions if the patient you are visiting is identified as needing them – you can ask a member of the health-care team for assistance or clarification
We appreciate the great efforts of both staff and public in adhering to best practice standards in outbreak management, and our appreciation for the close work and support of the Timiskaming Health Unit which helped bring this outbreak to a close.