We are pleased to announce a reduction of restrictions associated with the COVID-19 outbreak at Temiskaming Hospital.
The Temiskaming Hospital outbreak has been declared over.
Effective today, May 16th, 2023, Temiskaming Hospital will revert to the following:
1. All inpatients will be allowed up to TWO Care Partners at their bedside at a time
· Care Partners can come and go during the day, but must self-screen, sanitize upon arrival and wear a mask for the duration of their visit
· Please do not visit if you are unwell
2. All COVID-19 positive patients will be allowed ONE Essential Care Partner by their bedside at a time
· Essential Care Partners must ensure they are wearing the proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for the duration of their visit
Due to transmission risk, the Essential Care Partner will:
· Be trained on safe PPE donning and doffing protocols
· Be made aware of hospital policy pertaining to the compliance of PPE utilization and risks associated with their visit
Note: All other patients in isolation may also require PPE during Care Partner visitation.
All outpatients will be allowed one care partner to provide essential support for a patient/dependent (as defined in our Care Partner Presence hospital policy) and are permitted to accompany a patient where there are circumstances where assistance is required and would be at risk if alone. Care Partners can come and go during the day, however must self-screen, sanitize upon arrival and wear a mask for the duration of their visit.