Temiskaming Hospital recognizes that respect for privacy of personal health information is paramount in building a relationship of trust with our patients. We are committed to our policies concerning the way your information is collected, used and shared.
Here are the 10 principles that we follow:
1. Clear Accountability for Personal Information Temiskaming Hospital has designated a Privacy Officer to coordinate privacy activities. This individual is available to meet with clients and staff to discuss any questions or concerns about how personal health information is collected, used or shared.
2. Clear Communication about the Purposes for the Collection, Use and Sharing of Personal Health Information Temiskaming Hospital will identify and communicate the purposes for the collection of your personal health information. These purposes include, but are not limited to: direct care activities, administration and management of the health care system, research, teaching, statistics, fundraising, activities required in order to comply with legal and regulatory requirements and other circumstances allowed under privacy laws.
3. Consent will be Obtained Temiskaming Hospital will obtain appropriate consent before collecting, using and sharing personal health information. Consent may be in one of two forms, either implied consent or explicit consent. Information Collection will be Limited Temiskaming Hospital will limit the collection of personal health information to what is needed for the purposes that have been communicated to the client, based on a “need to know” principle.
4. Information Use and Disclosure will be Limited Temiskaming Hospital will not use or disclose your personal health information for purposes beyond what the client has agreed to, unless permitted or required by law.
5. Implied consent will be used as informed consent wherever possible. Information sharing with others within the "circle of care" shall occur within the boundaries of implied consent.
6. Information Accuracy will be a Priority Temiskaming Hospital will take all reasonable steps to ensure that personal health information is as accurate, complete and current as is necessary for the purposes for which it is intended.
7. Information will be Safeguarded Temiskaming Hospital will protect personal health information with appropriate security safeguard mechanisms. All of our personnel will work diligently to make this happen.
8. Openness of our Privacy Program Upon request, Temiskaming Hospital will provide clients with specific information about our policies and practices that relate to the management of personal health information, including what information is collected, used and shared by our organization.
9. Access to your Information Temiskaming Hospital will respond to client's requests concerning the collection, use and disclosure of personal information. When allowed under law, clients will be given access to that information at a reasonable cost and within a reasonable timeframe.
10. Clients may challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information in our records and may request appropriate corrections. Responding to Questions or Concerns Temiskaming Hospital will respond to any questions or concerns about our privacy policies or practices.
Our designated Privacy Officer may be reached at: 1-705-647-8121 and ask for the Privacy Officer or firstname.lastname@example.org